Friday, October 23, 2009

Leslie Loudon Guild Luncheon

My apologies for being so late in blogging, dear readers, but I've had a busy week! Monday was the Leslie Loudon Guild luncheon--a fun annual event for NQPS ladies who like to dress up, drink wine, hobnob with each other, watch an informal fashion show, and raise money for a good cause. In this year's case, the proceeds went to build and furnish a children's playroom for Memorial's "Cottage in the Meadow", a new hospice care facility. (Go to http://yakimahospice.org/ if you couldn't attend but would like to help out.) Judy, emcee for the day, greeted everyone at the door in this happy red cashmere sweater with ruffled v-neck & more ruffles at the cuff. The best part: she bought it last year at the end of the season for $15! Yay! I do love a bargain. So she got one in black, too.
Karen in a leopard-print suede swing jacket (I didn't know you could make suede out of a leopard?) and Linda in an earth-toned shimmery shirt jacket--with clever little black box bag.

Gotta love Becky's black lace tights with the suede & patent boots. One of Becky's fav sports is bargain hunting, and she shot these babies down at TJ Maxx for $30. OMG, I've gotta get out there soon--TJ's is the best place in town for bargains, one just has to go often and search carefully.

Becky in denim skirt, bright pink slouchy shawl-y sweater, and the aforementioned black boots. Martha looked so pretty in this salmon shaded jacket.

How often can a lady wear a purple hat in NQPS? And purple shoes as well? Lilly played the part perfectly in her black & ivory dress with the print scarf. All about the accessories I always say.

Carolyn looked like she was blooming straight out of this jacket--no, more than a jacket, more like a work of art--by CoVelo at Gretchen, this boiled wool jacket has stems & leaves appliqued all over the body and the sleeves, with a frothy burgandy organza ruff at the neckline. A perfect art piece for one of Yakima's most talented artists.

I had to practically bribe Jeanne to put on this great animal-print silk jacket she was carrying with her. It's reversible to brown on the other side, zips up, has a generously oversized collar, windbreaker style--- but so much more elegant. She got this one at Priscilla's.


Oh yeah, do that checked thing! Marci wrapped in a black & white houndstooth shawl, carrying a red & black checked vinyl tote, sporting plaid tights and lots of bangles--from guess where? The Gift Shop at Memorial Hospital where she is the buyer. (More on that in the next blog). Marci is a fearless fashionista.

Gretchen Gilday from Gretchen, (811 W. Yakima Ave.) the sweetest boutique in NQPS, coordinated the informal fashion show for the guild this year so I managed to snap a few of the models.

And speaking of checks, more houndstooth! I love the houndstooth! I brake for houndstooth! I have a closetful of it & I still buy more. This is Cindy in a very clever diagonally-buttoned wooly vest with oversized roll collar. And black leather gloves with bows. A real standout piece.

This is a deliciously furry jacket trimmed in olive green with a ribbon belt--looked so cozy!
Loved this grey sweater jacket that Augustina wore with the very skinny jeans & the warm scarf.

This drapey coat is so much more than a coat: check out the fabulous ribbon trim on the sleeves and the collar--all velvety in shades of green, pink, & magenta. Plus the assymetrical closing and the uneven hem--another wearable art piece that makes a big statement on Sue or anyone who would wear it. Loved it! And the grey gloves, too.
A fun black sweater trimmed in little rosettes, all over the sleeves, on the wide collar, buttoning down the front--gotta love the whimsy! We're all fools for whimsy.
All in all, great fashion show. Check out Gretchen for these unique, off-beat, fun-to-wear pieces. Pricey but fabulous!




1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went into Doll House for a Sherri Hill dress and I had the worst time. The staff was rude and no help to me they made me feel as if I didn’t belong into their store. I well never return there and I am glad I didn’t purchase my dress from that store.