Monday, October 26, 2009

Kristi Burrell Fashion Show

Just never know what you're gonna find in the old Not Quite Palm Springs on a Saturday night. We stopped by Gilbert Cellars for an after-dinner Merlot (omg try the Syrah brownie with ice cream--nom nom nom) and Kristi Burrell happened to be putting on a little fashion show! My luck! Kristi, who I have blogged before, has moved her shop to Track 29-- so the models came trotting across the street wearing their beautiful gowns and capes. Kristi is a fabulous dress designer/maker who specializes in evening gowns and full-length hooded capes. Here's Kristi in a red mini, boots and tights with Burberry scarf tossed over her shoulders giving everyone the details on her dresses.

This was an absolutely fabulous red silk gown, bias-cut so it fell to the floor in waves and moved so beautifully. Kristi's designs may not be for everyone, but if you need an amazing bespoke gown for a very special occasion, she is the one to see. Imagine having a gown like this made just to fit your bod & no one else's!


Here's a view of one of the hooded capes, very Harry-Potter-like, as she's removing it to show the long-sleeved velvet gown underneath. Such a rich burgandy color, and again the bias cut of the dress makes it flow particularly well.Ooooh, she looked like the most beautiful character in a King Arthur tale in this stretch velvet black gown: Guinevere? Maybe Morgan leFay--lovely high bateau neckline, long sleeves (unusual any more in a long gown), fully gathered in the back with miles of fabric, bias cut (one of Kristi's signatures, obviously), and beguiling. Every woman's fantasy to have a theatrical, stunning gown like this!


2 comments:

drc said...

Wow! These are beautiful!

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I when to Doll House to buy a Sherri Lee dress that my daughter was obsessed with. I received no service from the sales staff until I asked. They gave my daughter a few styles to try on when asked what size my daughter would be, she pointed at the dress my daughter had on and said “that size”. I noticed that the dresses had no size tags on them and when I asked the sales staff about that, they got frustrated with me and gave no explanation. So I left the store with a much deflated daughter, went home and ordered the dress online and saved $200.