Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bye-Bye Blog

I started this blog three years ago when the idea presented itself to me while on vacation in Maui: why not write a blog about style? Style in Yakima? Style in the Not Quite Palm Springs of Washington? I was determined to find some style in this high-desert town and I like to think that sometimes I did.

While on vacation again this past month I decided it was time to give it a rest. Not that I've found all the style that can be found in this town, but I just feel the blog has run it's course, done it's thing, sung it's little song and now it's time to say good-bye.

So. Did I answer my original question? Is there any style in Not Quite Palm Springs? Yes, I believe there is. Some women showed up in my blog again and again, no matter when I saw them, they looked put-together and right on target. I found style not only at big charity events and at the Country Club, but on First Friday nights downtown, on the girls in black at Zesta Cucina, on young things attending a play at the Warehouse. It's there if you look for it, and sometimes I had to look for a long time!

How important is fashion? It is not, in the full scope of things. I like to think of it as a hobby: kind of like pottery or poetry. I happen to be interested in it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to be. Frankly, there are many women out there who have wonderful personality traits, important careers, and valuable talents but have no style whatsoever. Big deal!
I do hope that I've gotten women in NQPS to think about what they wear a little more often, maybe try just a little harder to put things together in different and interesting ways. Maybe to throw out their khaki capris and their crocs? Nooooo! That's too much for anyone to hope!

Anyway, it's been fun. I've made a lot of friends along the way including lots of humans and seven chimps. I've had a great time with my tiny Nikon, snapping pictures of shoes and jackets and bags and everything in between.
So thanks for following! And remember, ladies of Not Quite Palm Springs: dress bloggably! You never know who may be watching.

11 comments:

drc said...

Sad! I will miss your blog!

Anonymous said...

So sad. I am going to miss your commentary! Dacia

DJ Glass said...

That makes three of us! Dara

Anonymous said...

I will miss ur blog.

Lunettes De Soleil Ed Hardy said...

ok.trop cool et je reviendrai la prochaine fois.

Anonymous said...

Good!
http://confusionices.blogspot.com/

Dandux laundry carts said...

Purchase canvas or vinyl laundry carts, the quality is awesome. They have dandux extra duty trucks, shipping hampers, dandux net & bag sorting system for sorting laundry and linens, and many other high quality dandux round all-purpose baskets.

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE

qifei2012 said...

Likely the almost all mystifying area of exercise may be the level of fitness sector 90 day workout Insanity workout.Should you arent updated within the small business associated with conditioning, you'll be able to unquestionably turn out to be fooled with all the advertising and marketing plus bogus makes sure p90x workout. Be aware of the online community work out industry keeps from struggling final results later on 90 day workout. Wholesale p90x

air said...

High heeled Shoes
Christian Louboutin High heeled Shoes
Discount High heeled Shoes Sale

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting as well as informative post.

web dubai