Thursday, April 30, 2009

Age-Proofing Your Body!

Who wouldn't be interested in that? This weekend, May 2, Elizabeth Somer, author of Age-Proof Your Body will be at the Red Lion to give us all tips on aging well. It's only $30 for the day, which includes breakfast and two workshops.
The workshops include "Food and Mood" (Whaaaat??? Why is my mood constantly chocolate?) presented by Ms. Somer herself.
Nina from Ummelina's will talk about age-proofing your skin. Which reminds me, I was just in there again yesterday and I think I'm gonna have to install a Rainbow Shower right in my own house, I'm so addicted to that thing.
Then Cathy Schlieman, owner of CS Pilates, will do her thing on core strength. Cathy is a living example of being age-proof, she always looks so great & of course she's in perfect shape. Waaaah. Maybe my one-Friday-a-week class isn't enough?
ANYWAY, go to yakimamemorial.org/ageproof to register or call 575-8008. This is going to be a really fun, really educational, really happy event! Bring your friends, too. Not that they could use any age-proofing, but, you know....

Another Memorial class I want to attend is "The Mediterranean Diet", which is next Friday, May 8 at the 16th Ave. Station. You can choose 8-9:00 a.m. or 3-4:00 p.m. Sounds wonderful. I love Mediterranean food. I don't think it's gonna include baklava, tho.
The hospital has all kinds of great events for women through May and June, check their website for a rundown on all the fun. OMG I'm gonna be so dang age-proofed by the time I get through with this. They're never gonna offer me that stupid old folks discount at Denny's again. I'm paying full price if it kills me.

No comments: