Sunday, December 14, 2008

Prez Ball

Omg, where have I been??? I know, several alert blog readers are wondering why I haven't been posting lately and my only answer is: I told ya there'd be some long hot dry spots in Not Quite Palm Springs and I guess we hit one. Seemed like every place I went, I hunted and hunted for style and came up with nothing exciting. So for those of you who were worried about this inevitable lacuna, we're back and we're posting.

Saturday night was the long-awaited annual President's Ball at YCC, which is really just a big ol' Christmas party with fabulous food (5 courses) and wine (lots) and dancing (those Country Clubbers can get down when they have to). Last year at the Prez Ball I took off my shoes at the end of the evening and ended up with a broken toe. That was not happening again. I wore steel-toe combat boots. With rhinestones, of course.
There was no shortage of style so here are a few of the highlights:
This is Mandy in an elegant black Grecian-style column dress with offset straps. Fabulous earrings, hair swept back, she looks beautiful and just happy to be there.
And here's the best part, check out her bejeweled sandals and her snowflakey toe! That's attention to detail, Babe.

Mary Jo caused quite a few heads to turn with this backless sequined-all-over number which she confessed she bought on the Home Shopping Network. And I thought all they sold was Hummel figurines and acne control cream. Hmmm. Loved it! She's obviously been doing the lat pulls too.Plus, at Gasperetti's Cabaret on Thursday night MJ wore the most fabulous black stilettos with feathers that sort of grew up her ankles. Wish I had a picture of those. Mary Jo, if you're reading this, send me a pic of those feather shoes! Wicked! Wild!



Susan stood out in a sea of black with this Christmas-red sheath with beaded long sleeves and tulip hem. Sparkly! Love it!




Leslie in her zebra-striped knit mini with sequined neckline. Bold choice! Wild animals, grrrr! And wish you could see the black knee-high boots. She looked spectacular. And that guy with her looked pretty good himself.
Andrea at the Prezball Prefunc in a full-length gown in of smoky pewter: shutter pleats to the floor and an elegant V-neckline. Her hair was up in a loose French knot with white flowers--yummy! And Brian--so happy to be dressed up in a tux. He's a trooper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first dress is fabulous! It reminds me of one Nicole Kidman wore to some event a couple years ago.