Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vegas, Baby

I just got back from a long weekend in Vegas. Okay, you got your gambling, you got your drinking, you got your shows & your shopping. But Vegas fashion is in a category all it's own. Now here's my main question: When did the line between what is a blouse and what is a dress disappear? The blouses are long and the dresses are short so they've both just kind of morphed together. I want to call them blesses. Or drouses. I kept wanting to ask some of these girls, "Hmmm, excuse me Dear, but did you just forget to put on your Sevens?"
And how do they wear those shoes all over the city? There's a lot of walking involved in Vegas but I'd see women still standing at craps tables at 7 a.m. wearing the same shoes they'd worn all night. Maybe the alcohol kills the pain. Or maybe winning thousands of dollars kills the pain. Maybe just wearing Christian Laboutin kills the pain.

No comments: