Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wearable Art--Leather Scarves

Our friend Carol stopped by Allied Arts the other day with her newest art endeavor: leather scarves! These are so beautiful, unique, and original I wanted to share them with all my dear blog-readers. I asked Jessica to model these for me--they look so great on her, especially with the black turtleneck as background. This one is stark white, sooooo soft (wish you could feel it--that's half the beauty of these things), and folded in layers with tiny studs.
Here she did a chamois-colored wrap scarf with studs and tiny peacock feathers. Kinda looks like it has wings, doesn't it?

Carol paints many of the scarves, including this one which has a horn button closure.
What do you think, blog readers? I think they have a real Western, cowgirl flavor that would look right at home in Durango or Jackson Hole...or...Ellensburg! Anyone who loves cowboy boots would love a scarf like this that echoed the Western, back-to-nature theme with these natural textures and colors, the amorphous shapes, and the interesting mix of paint and detail.
In the Year of the Accessory, an amazing art piece like this could surely take the place of the Statement Necklace: the "Statement Scarf".
Carol is a little bit hesitant about marketing these beautiful pieces, so
let me know what you think: email me at gaydoo@yahoo.com, find me on Facebook, or leave a comment below.

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House and had the worst experience of my life. I ordered a dress 3 months before my formal and it didn’t come in. she told me the dress was customized but was told a week before my formal that they could not do it and was told to chose another dress from the shop which upset me as I had my heart set on the dress I ordered. Thank you Doll House for destroying my only formal it was the worst time.