Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fall Trends 2009 Take it or Leave it

All the fall editions of fashion magazines are out now & after perusing them I've come to my semi-annual conclusions of what I can't wait to buy and what I hope goes away forever. So here goes, I call it "Take It or Leave It".

Take It:
Bold prints, neon colors
Bright colored coats (who needs beige when it's raining?)
Leggings (loved them the first time around, I'm willing to try again)
Colored tights
Platform shoes (not done yet)
Embellishments (rhinestones, bling bling, sequins, jewels--love them all)
Structured jackets (enough of the swingy, 6-mo.- pregnant-looking cuts)
Draping (especially where you need it most)
Fur trims (PETA be damned)
Boots--in all heights
Romantic white shirts (love ruffles on anything)
Skirt suits! (So tweedy and ladylike)
Dresses for day or night (check out Dillards.com--tons of dresses!)
Satin
Embellished ballet flats (we can't all wear stilettos all the time)

Leave It
Harem pants (please. Flattering on no one.)
Belts over cardigans (Give it up, Michelle)
Jeans that cost over $200 (Go to the Gap. No one cares about the label on your butt)
Capris (SERIOUSLY. LOSE THEM FOREVER.)
Gigantic bags
Bags that cost over $1000 (There's a recession on, people. Have some respect)
Shoulder pads (yes, they're coming back)
Big scarves tied around the neck over everything
Heavy, clunky jewelry
Peplums (unless you have a 24" waist)

Anything to add??? Or to argue??? Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colored tights - especially with platforms. Leggings - don't think so! Dacia

Melissa Christianson said...

Are you sure I have to give up capris? I really like them.