Friday, November 7, 2008

Tony's

Several people have commented that they'd like to hear about more than just style in NQPS--like things to do? Places to eat? Well my number one love after dressing up is EATING. And nothing beats getting dressed up to go eat.

Wednesday night my cozy little Shoe Club (aka my tap-dancing class) donned our finest footwear and met at Tony's Steakhouse on 3rd & Yakima Aves. For those of you who haven't noticed the beautiful new front, this is the building that used to house Sakie International. Dr. Tony Ha, a steak lover himself, has opened Tony's and the offerings are meat, meat, and lots of meat.

Ok, so here's what we thought of Tony's:

Food: excellent

Service: needs unkinking


The food was delicious--even the crabcakes, the chowder, the spinach salads, the steak Diane. We had a few problems with service (where did those forks go?) but were given a huge apology at the end of dinner and presented with three delicious desserts as peace offerings. Believe me, a creamy chocolate mousse can make a girl forget a lot of missteps.

We ate dinner in the bar, which is lighted so brightly we almost broke into a tap routine under the spots, but one might have better luck with the service in the dining room.

The menu is broad and includes every type of steak but also salmon, an ahi appetizer, and some pasta dishes.


So go on down to Tony's--just give them lots of time and understanding to work out those kinks. Or wait a couple months.


And as for shoe club, um, well, we got a little caught up in coversation and martinis and never got around to footographing, but as I was leaving I decided these were the winners:
Ok they were mine, big deal. Who says I can't vote for myself? The UPS man brought them for me just that afternoon. He seems to always know when I need a new pair of shoes.

No comments: