Monday, August 4, 2008

Crocs Revisited--Not Just for Nerds Anymore

Ok, so if you've been reading NQPS for any length of time or if you know me at all, you know I've been given to huge nasty radomantades about Crocs. Crocs in the airport, crocs in the mall, crocs out dancing. Euuwwww!

How can I say this? Crocs are changing. And so must I. An alert blog-reader recently opened my eyes to some new crocs, and I have to say--they're not so bad. In fact, they're pretty good. Well, in fact some of them are actually....well, cool. Look at these men's crocs: They have the same croc sole but a denim upper that makes them look a lot like the ol' boat shoe. Plus they're extremely comfortable (especially if one has just had hip surgery--and it seems now like everyone has....). AND they weigh nothing. They're as light as marshmallows. I hear they make men's golf crocs but I have yet to see those.


And who knew? Croc wedges! In beige & white here, but in lots of other color combos. These are great for airports where you have to walk for miles but you also have to be able to get your shoes on & off fast through security.
So there you have it.
I still have to hate those round-toed garden clogs tho. For anywhere but the garden. And on anyone but a 2-year-old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the wedge Croc. I may need to be on the lookout for a pair!

drc said...

I love my Crocs. I wear them constantly. I am even buying a pair that are lined so I can wear them in the winter! LOL! Okay, so maybe I won't be able to wear them when there is three feet of snow on the ground, but I will try.